CasaCalma is the first Zero Contamination Hotel in Argentina. Since their opening in 2008, it became one of the few eco- friendly hotels of the country, giving total priority to the care of the environment.
All the materials used in the building where certificated and eco- friendly:
- The building is wrapped with plants that act as filters and contribute to the thermal balance, saving energy efficiently.
- Double glazed windows that allow the most hermetic environment.
- System of energy consumption control
- All the wood used in the construction is pine Carolina certified by the FSC (Forest Stewardship Council).
- Wallpaper made out of synthetic fiber fabric, contributing to a minor consumption of deforestation trees.
Some of the environmental actions taken by CasaCalma :
Other developed actions:
- We joined a concrete action against the GLOBAL WARMING. We are helping with this project to reduce carbon emissions into the atmosphere and consequently, protecting the climate. Our project consists of compensating the damage generated by the electricity, and the carbon emissions to become Zero CO2. One of our most recent economic contributions has been applied to a wind power generation project in India (Maharashtra and Gujarat regions).
- Support to the “Friends of sustainable mobility” Program. We invite our guests to use bamboo bicycles to visit the city.
- Electricity activation cards, resulting in considerable energy savings
- Towel Re- use Program. We invite our guests to choose if they want to use their towels again, avoiding unnecessary daily wash.
- Bulk dispensers for amenities, cutting down on the packaging.
- Separation of recycling waste collected by “El Ceibo” cooperative.
- Donation of used slippers in order to be re- used.
- Used cooking oil is given to Local Authorities to be re- used for fuel production.
- Non smoking policy in rooms and public areas.
- Maintenance for Conservation: avoiding the waste of natural resources as consequence of inappropriate use of toilets, taps or electric appliances.